Wednesday 11 July 2012

I can see clearly now...- Written September 5, 2007

It has been exactly a week since I got home. I have caught up with several friends since arriving and have been asked whether I am happy to be back. A no brainer. With no hesitation, I answer absolutely. I have been describing the feeling as coming back to a place that you know so well but seeing everything with a fresh pair of eyes - literally!

I came back here to Sydney with "Laser" eyes. I have disposed of my contact lenses, given my left over solutions to my sister-in-law and have donated my spectacle frames to my Mum. I am still awed at how a process that takes less than half a hour can be so life changing! I continuously find myself testing my eyesight to see how far and clear I can truly see. I am amazed!

Friends have also been asking me what my plans are. The cliff notes answer to that question is "I really am not sure, I will just have to wait". Of course there are a number of "I hope to" and "Ideally, I would like". However, it ends there. I have spent the last 11 years soaring, flying, chasing my dreams, ensuring that each item on my to-do list was being achieved. I do not regret any single second of my last 11 years. I have grown, learned, achieved, failed, loved, questioned, amongst others. I know that I truly lived! However, I have also learned that I am not in control of my life and my future. Only God is.

So with my fresh pair of eyes, I am coming home to Sydney with also a fresh heart. A fresh heart with so much hope and faith for what is ahead, in God and what else He has planned for me. I am done chasing. I am done driving. I am done telling God what needed to be done. I am overconfident that God knows what is best for me. I am overconfident that He listens to my prayers. I am overconfident that we are still on speed dial basis.

This is not to say that I have stopped dreaming. I still whisper to God what my heart hopes for. He knows each thought and dream that passes through my heart and mind. However, it is no longer about what I want, but rather what He wants.

As I begin this new chapter in The Beautiful Life of Jo (one day I will write it!), I am grateful for the opportunity. I am grateful for all the lessons learned. I am grateful for the the new beginning. I am grateful for the fresh pair of eyes and for the fresh hope in my heart.

I truly can see clearly now....

No comments:

Post a Comment