Wednesday 20 June 2012

Hello New Year! - Written December 28, 2006

I often compare my journey in life to a reading a book... Full of beginnings, stories, twists and turns, and endings. Sometimes, the chapter is progressively exciting...Other times, the chapter is almost painfully exhausting to read through...The only thing I am guaranteed is that chapters do end, and chapters do begin again.... with the hope of a really good ending (No anti-climatic endings for me, thanks! Hahaha) in store.

I love this time of the year...when one year is almost at an end and the sight of the New Year is starting to present itself. It is almost like seeing the loose ends of a chapter get tied up, and the thought of a new idea for a new beginning being implanted in our heads.

The Chapter 2006 of my Journey is about to end. Life, whether good or bad is like reading a chapter. It is all relative. To some people, my 2006 would have been stellar - the birth of my niece, my brothers wedding, a trip home to Sydney, lots of travels, including to exotic places, lots of visits from wonderful wonderful friends and family and some very very good friendships made, renewed and rekindled. At the same time, my 2006 was not exactly the best chapter ever written...spending almost a year mending a broken heart, standing at a crossroad and having no intuition of which path should be taken, dating almost 5million men (okay, I am exaggerating, but God knows I met enough men this year) and wondering why not one of them is the man God intends for me....ahhhh.. the wonderful learning curves that we all need to go through!

As I am about to say Hello to Chapter 2007, I can only hope and have faith in the Author and His works. He knows exactly what He is writing where He wants to take the story line. He knows the characters, what is best for the characters and where the story is suppose to go.

I, as the reader, can only look forward to and enjoy what the next chapter might bring, knowing full well that the Author has written that chapter (and previous chapters) for a certain purpose that will He will later unfold.

Happy 2007 everyone!

Wishing all of us  a wonderful wonderful journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment