Tuesday 19 June 2012

Expect......Written March 11, 2006

the unexpected....

My friend Pia and I had tickets to see Michael Buble two Friday's ago. She is not all that familiar with his work, and I am barely.... I love his original hit "Home" and all the covers that he has done. We went to the show, not expecting very much from him...... To our surprise, this guy, who is probably younger than we are, literally rocked the Constitution Hall. His voice was amazing. His acts/dancing were interesting and his band made every one wish that Big Bands were still in fashion. Michael Buble truly amazed us! He had every person (male included!!!) in the house literally fall in love with him. By the end of the evening - I officially nominated him as my unofficial boyfriend, and Pia ended up purchasing his 2 cd's!

Last night, it was Earth, Wind and Fire's turn to play at the Constitution Hall. Amidst trying to see whether we could get tickets to their show, Pia's friend mentions that he knows someone who knows EWF. He would make a phone call. Pia called me mid last week, telling me the great news that we will get to watch EWF.  I was definitely excited, but did not want to expect too much. I told friends that I think I was going to see EWF, but would not confirm it until I was inside singing to September and bopping to Fantasy!

Lo and behold, not only did we watch EWF, we had 3rd row, centre aisle seats, and we had an all access pass to go and see the guys backstage! Wow! What an unexpected treat!!!
Expectations.... can make or brake us. It can make or break relationships, situations and our own personas. Expect too much, and you might be disappointed and expect nothing, you may be nicely surprised.

I have been thinking about Expectations lately. I wonder whether it would be better for me to lower my expectations, not expect too much, and then be knocked off my feet. However, at the same time, if I started to expect nothing from relationships, situations and myself, how do I know that I am not just settling for left overs?!

No comments:

Post a Comment