Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas corner

To those of you who have been to our home, you will know that our place is fast becoming very "occupied".  Space is a true premium and often times Tim and I  have felt that the walls are caving in, especially with the children's toys and furniture.

Around this time of the year, Tim has always suggested to me about putting up a Christmas tree. I have always found excuses to not bother.  Our first Christmas together in our place,  I was heavily pregnant with Noah. That was in 2009. Christmas 2010 was spent in the UK so no Christmas spirit was needed in our home. 2011, I was once again pregnant. Although, we did manage to put up a microscopic Christmas tree. It was so small that it sat on our window sill.

Once again I was going to forgo filling our home with Christmas decorations. I have always said to Tim that we really do not have the space and that we should just invest in a decent tree when we finally have our house.

However, the spirit of Christmas did not want to evade us.  When I was dropping off some dry cleaning to our local laundromat, Marian, the lady who owns the shop offered a box of Christmas decorations to me. She said keep it or give it to someone else. I immediately took it as I knew that it would at least buy me a couple of hours to keep Noah busy. They have been doing Christmas at daycare for the longest time and I knew that he would be tickled pink to have a rummage through an assortment of decorations.

At the same time, when we were skype-ing with my parents one afternoon, I was reminded that there is a Christmas tree sitting in the cupboard. Mum thought that it was my tree from my days in DC but in fact it was my brother's old Christmas tree. So last Saturday, my parents gave me that tree.

Sunday, Tim was patrolling so I was at home with both children. I decided not to take them out as we were working on Noah's toilet training. We spent the morning putting together our Christmas corner and decorating our very first family Christmas tree.

I have never seen Noah so pleased and so proud.







Christmas is truly a wonderful time of the year, not only for the children but also for someone like me, who has found every excuse to overlook the spirit of Christmas.

Every night, when its dark and the Christmas lights are on, I look at our corner and smile. I never thought that we could have a decent Christmas area amidst the very little space we have.

On that note, a wonderful Christmas Season to everyone. Big love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment