Sunday 11 February 2018

The gift of a new life - A new angel - written March 30, 2006

I have always believed in angels. I believe that God sends His angels thru our family and friends. Every single person that has crossed paths with me has been some form of an angel… holding my hand, bringing me hope, making me laugh, guiding and guarding me.

Recently, I have realised that God sends His angels thru the new lives that He surrounds us with.
Our family has recently been blessed with a new angel. She is almost 2months old. Her name is Isabel Anne.

It is amazing how much Isabel has brought new life to our family.  Living away from my family, I have not personally witnessed this little girl’s magic. I have yet to meet her. However, telephone conversations, emails and any form of communication between myself, my parents and my brother continue to be a litany of testaments of how special she is.

Isabel brought back Charles and Rose together. I think that this time last year, my brother was thinking of where his next adventure in life ought to be. Little did Charles expect that his new adventure would include changing nappies, sleepless nights and taking Isabel for nightly walks with Rose around the neighbourhood. Her unexpected arrival continues to lead me to believe that we are not in control of our lives. Only God is.

The nicest part is that just this afternoon, my brother told me how happy he truly is with what he has and where he is.

Isabel has also touched my father’s heart. I had never thought of my father to be a doting grandfather, but he now is. My mum tells me how my dad will go home early once he finds out that the little angel is visiting them, and how disappointed he would be if they miss each other. My brother and his family now visit my parents on Sundays. I have been told that my father no longer schedules any golf games on Sundays and how he is the first one to take her and play with her. I have also been told that my father has volunteered to help take care of her once Charles and Rose go back to work. Our world has truly turned upside down!!!

As for the doting aunt who lives so far away, I am forever bugging my brother for photo updates. I find myself looking at her photos again and again, albeit the same one. I can honestly say that I feel love in my heart for this little baby. She continues to show me that unconditional love truly exists, to continue to trust in God’s will and how beautiful Gods work is.

I can bet any money that almost each new baby has been referred to as an angel.  Maybe it is their innocence, their gift of love and hope and their purity which bring such amazing powers into our lives.

How do they know exactly how to touch our hearts?

No comments:

Post a Comment