Monday 5 March 2012

Paper!

Today, 5th March 2012, Tim and I are celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. Cliche but time does really fly when you are having fun!



Now the symbol for 1st wedding anniversary is paper. I have been thinking of what paper symbolises for me. Ever since, I was a little girl, I have always loved paper. The smell of new books, writing on pretty stationery, sending cards and letters the old fashion way were and continue to be some of my favourite things. Paper means writing and reading stories.

The 1st year of marriage for me is definitely the beginning of a new story - a new chapter in the Beautiful Life of Jo. Tim and I stood before God, and our intimate family and friends and promised ourselves and the rest of our lives to each other. No one knows what is in store for our marriage. No one knows what stories will come out of our marriage that we hope to tell our grandchildren one day. We can only create them through participating in our marriage to the best of our ability. Tim and I can only hope to be lucky enough that our love, laughter and respect for each other will see us through many many chapters that our Author has in store for us.

Paper also symbolises communication. How appropriate! Communicating meaning knowing when to say what you have to say and when to keep your mouth shut - a vital organ in marriage, or in any relationship for that matter. As Tim and I continue to embark on our marriage journey, I hope that communication will never be lost between us. Through our spoken words or body language, may we continue to show each other how much of a gift we are to each other.

On a lighter note, Tim and I celebrated our special day last week. We chose to celebrate on the 29th February (just because!) by going back to Pilu at Freshwater (our reception venue) for lunch. Here are some photos of our very special lunch.


Tim Stentiford and his 30 week pregnant wife (gee, I'm looking big!)

With compliments from the chef, Polenta chips (these were so good!)

 Tim's first course - Calamari two ways!

 Can you tell my first course is making me happy?


What we came back for (and will continue to come back for) - Suckling pig. Pork crackling were still crackling even the following day. YUM!






Needless to say we had no room for dessert but I had enough room for a lovely Italian hot chocolate and Tim had an Afogatto.  The chef was nice enough to send us a platter of mini sweets to complement our beverages.

*Sigh*

Ahhhhhh, Pilu, continue to deliver food as lovely as what we had last week and we will continue to keep a part of you in our marriage.

Anyhow, so as I finish up this blog, I want to thank my darling husband for a wonderful first year of marriage. You are truly God's gift to me. You are so much better than what I had hoped for. You are my rock. You are my best friend. You are my number 1 cheerleader. Thank you for your unconditional love. Thank you for your energy and zest for life. Thank you for being such a great husband to me and an even better father to Noah.

I love you Timmy. Happy Anniversary!
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment