Tuesday 28 February 2012

Mummy!

One of Noah's first words is Dada!
I had to wait for a while to hear him say Mumma but my heart strings were definitely pulled the first time I heard him say it. It truly was worth the wait.

I remember chatting with a good friend of mine ages ago. My friend is also called Jo and her daughter Leah is 5months younger than Noah. We were discussing whether we should be correcting the kids when they say Mumma when eventually we would be preferred to be called Mummy. I think our consensus was to stick with Mumma.

To my surprise, about 2 days ago, Noah started calling me Mummy.

Part of me feels delighted that he has picked up the word Mummy.

Part of me is unsure.

See, Noah calls me Mummy when he is in distress. He is quickly moving into his terrific 2's and part of this is that his emotions are running high. All of a sudden, shows that use to delight him now terrify him (thanks Grandpa in my Pocket!). He could be watching a show when all of a sudden, I would hear terrifying screams of Mummy, Mummy!

Last night, he had a hard time falling asleep. Between myself and Tim, it took us almost 2hrs of trying to settle him to sleep. Before finally realising how tired he was and falling asleep, he must have called Mummy from the top of his voice countless times.

Today when I picked him up from daycare, for some reason, something was upsetting him on the car journey home (all 2 minutes of it!). All I could hear was Mummy, Mummy!

Tonight, at home, after bath and dinner, he was definitely back to being more settled. Fingers and toes crossed we are back on track.

So back on track that Noah was back to calling me Mumma.

No comments:

Post a Comment