Sunday 19 May 2013

L.O.V.E.

I have noticed that Noah has started to use the word LOVE quite a lot.
I LOVE purple
I LOVE Sambo and Livvy (his best mates at school)
I LOVE noodles
I LOVE the wiggles

Prior to LOVE, Noah was using the word Like.

Now I am not too sure how much Noah differentiates between LOVE and Like, or if he does at all.

As an adult, I differentiate between LOVE and Like a lot.
I like a good cup of coffee while I LOVE Campos
I like shopping but I LOVE a bargain
I like jazz music but I LOVE Pink Martini
I like my husband while I LOVE Ricky Martin (Tim told me to say that!!!).
You get the drift.

It makes me wonder when I started to differentiate and how I came to differentiate.
Did someone point out to me that LOVE is a very strong emotion and should only be used when my feelings are intense? Otherwise, I should just use the word Like. Did someone tell me that LOVE is only for special occasions rather than for every day use?

I am sure that as a 3 year old, Noah is not differentiating between LOVE and Like, yet. To children, it is plain and simple - if they Like something or someone, they LOVE it. Plain and simple.

As an adult, I tend to complicate things a bit more.  Maybe I can learn something from my 3 year old
and just appreciate things, plain and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment