Saturday 31 December 2011

A tribute to my beautiful family and friends who tied the knot in 2011!

I will always say that 2011 is the year for weddings. Tim finally made an honest woman out of me, and I know of 5 other amazing women - family and friends (6 if you include Kate Middleton but we are neither family nor friends) who tied the knot in 2011. Now aside from my own wedding, I only went to 1 other wedding out of that 5 so this is not a post about how many dresses I needed to get to get me through, blah blah blah.

I think that for me, the extraordinary thing about having so many of my friends get married in the same year is that at some stage in OUR lives, we all thought that cupid was never going to knock on our door and give us the opportunity to be brides. A few years ago, I certainly thought that my own case was hopeless!

I am just so so so happy and proud as these 5 beautiful family/friends are all wonderful women. They have so much love to give and I would like to think that each one of us has married someone deserving of that love. It is just that cupid took a very long route to get to us.

To my family/friends who got married in 2011, Congratulations! I hope that our husbands will always count themselves lucky by snagging us!

To my family/friends who have been married for a while, WOW! Who knew that marriage could be so hard yet so much fun.

To my family/friends who are about to get married, Enjoy! Weddings are just the beginning and it is hard work. But if you marry your right one, it can be so much fun.

To my family/friends who are still waiting for cupid to strike, DO NOT lose hope. I never thought that it would happen to me and my amazing girlfriends and we can all attest to Good things come to those who wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,

    Very nice! Congratulations on your new blog.

    I myself have a blog since 2010 - http://raisingzachary.wordpress.com/ - but haven't managed to write any hahahaha! It's all in FB. Oh well.... :)

    Looking forward to your posts my dear!

    Have a blessed 2012!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di! You should write again! Tara, join me in my quest to blog more going forward.

    Hugs to you and your boys too. Btw, sobrang blooming ka lately!!!

    Love ya and hope to see you soon.
    X

    ReplyDelete