Saturday 31 December 2011

Life with Crayons!

Today is Saturday, December 31, 2011. When I awake tomorrow it will be a new year. The start of a new year usually brings much excitement, much hope and much anticipation. It is that time for reflection, time for renewal, time time to put into effect what we have always thought of doing. Like most people, today I think of my New Years resolutions...I should be nicer to my husband, I should be better at keeping in touch with family and friends, I should be better at being a Godmother to my Godchildren have been the random ideas that have been floating through my mind. I hope that it wont be long until these shoulds truly become will. One thing I am adamant to do though is to start blogging again.

Most of you who had Friendster (say what?) would know that I blogged quite frequently when I was living in America. It was my form of release - to tell the world what I was thinking. Since I moved back home to Sydney, I have tried several times to put my thoughts down, but without success. Life just totally took over.

Today, I am creating Life with Crayons! Hopefully it will be my catalyst for once again sharing my thoughts, not only for myself, but hopefully one day, my children will be interested enough to know what their Mum was really like before they could judge for themselves (yikes!). I know that my memory will one day fail me (it is already starting to) so I hope that I will be able to rely on typed up words (and photos hopefully) to tell my stories!

Why Life with Crayons!? Simply because I have always loved crayons, colouring and writing with, and just seeing different shades of colour come together (I remember my prized possession when I was younger was a box of 104 Crayola Crayons). I also am of the idea that I am merely a colour, a character, a word in my life....that there is someone (I know Him as God) greater than me who is painting my picture, writing my play, creating my story. My job is to just be the best colour, best actor and best word that I can be!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this!! Please keep it up... I already can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peyt! You have been inspiring me for a while but I just never got around to it. Hopefully I can keep this up. Happy Holidays to you, Nick and the whole family. Besos xxx

    ReplyDelete